A summary of the report and the report itself can be consulted here: report
- This is the first sustained transmission of dengue in the European Union since the 1920s. Autochthonous transmission is likely to continue until the end of the year when mosquito density will probably decrease.
- The epidemiological situation does not imply any trade or travel restriction beyond the disinfestations currently being implemented.
- As the influenza transmission season will commence around the end of the year, concomitant actions for monitoring dengue and influenza are being launched in Madeira.
- Aircraft disinfection and control of vector mosquitoes at ports and airports in Madeira should be continued.
- Protective measures to avoid mosquito bites is still a key recommendation